Causes Of Homelessness
The causes of homelessness reflect an intricate interplay between structural factors, systems failures and individual circumstances. Homelessness is usually the result of the cumulative impact of a number of factors, rather than a single cause.
The State of Homelessness in Canada 2016
The State of Homelessness in Canada 2016 provides a roadmap for the way forward. Including a series of joint recommendations – drafted by the Canadian Observatory on Homelessness and the Canadian Alliance to end Homelessness – for the National Housing Strategy.
YOUTH HOMELESSNESS RESOURCES:
Covenant House Toronto: Canada’s largest homeless youth agency
RESOURCES TO DOWNLOAD:
- Changing the conversation from shelters to housing
- Engaging communities in First Step Housing and Services
- OW & ODSP Rate Increases and the Ontario Child Benefit
- We Are Neighbours: The Impact of Supportive Housing on Community, Social, Economic and Attitude Changes
- Overcoming opposition to affordable housing