We know that the time for coordinated and innovative action is now.
With all three levels of government seemingly committed to a strong homelessness and housing agenda we have, for the first time in a very long time, a seminal opportunity to effectively ending chronic and episodic homelessness in Toronto.
To do so, the TAEH is coordinating a city-wide effort to:
- Raise public awareness about the issue and the personal and economic benefits of addressing homelessness
- Drive a capital fundraising campaign to support the creation of new deeply affordable housing
- Seek funding commitments and innovative solutions for sustainable support services
- Quell NIMBYism
- Enable more evidence based housing and support services to be developed and deployed
- Demand necessary policy and regulatory changes that will provide focused and sustainable means of ending homelessness