Have questions about a shelter in your neighbourhood? Click here to review common questions and answers to them!
Causes Of Homelessness
The causes of homelessness reflect an intricate interplay between structural factors, systems failures and individual circumstances. Homelessness is usually the result of the cumulative impact of a number of factors, rather than a single cause.
The State of Homelessness in Canada 2016
The State of Homelessness in Canada 2016 provides a roadmap for the way forward. Including a series of joint recommendations – drafted by the Canadian Observatory on Homelessness and the Canadian Alliance to end Homelessness – for the National Housing Strategy.
YOUTH HOMELESSNESS RESOURCES:
Covenant House Toronto: Canada’s largest homeless youth agency
RESOURCES TO DOWNLOAD:
- Changing the conversation from shelters to housing
- Engaging communities in First Step Housing and Services
- OW & ODSP Rate Increases and the Ontario Child Benefit
- We Are Neighbours: The Impact of Supportive Housing on Community, Social, Economic and Attitude Changes
- Overcoming opposition to affordable housing